Tuesday, February 12, 2008

A Learn to Quilt Tutorial

As I get ready to launch my new website Simplequiltmaking.com, I have decided to offer a tutorial on my blogsite http://quiltingwithjanet.blogspot.com
I have just posted the next part of this tutorial which you can follow through all the steps to make my original design: Sea Creatures. In it I show the joys of handquilting, one of which is total accuracy the first time, every time - check it out - I am eager to see your comments and will answer questions for you.
Working very hard just now on several commissions and also on a small vintage quilt kit I am handquilting.

4 comments:

Rosalyn Manesse said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I love the sea creatures quilt. Really busy with my "tea cup" quilt right now. And update on the birds, I counted 2 babies yesterday.

IZAS said...

Hi Janet!,
thank you very much for answering me!
I like very much your idea, your tutorial are very clear, instead (is this ok?, ) my English.
I like to be on-line with you!
Lot of kisses from sunny Spain;)
Izas:)

Janet said...

Hi Izas: good to hear that the instructions are clear. And thanks for adding me to your blogroll!
Will try to get the next part of the tutorial up soon.
Janet

annemariesquilt said...

Hi thanks for stopping by at my blogg.The answer to you question is: yes it a tea Cosy. The pattern for this is not easy. Instead of measure in inch they have drawn the pattern on squarepaper and you would have to make the pattern yourself. I have to think twice before i start on this one.
I known everything about Canadien winther, I have been living in Sudbury /Ontario for 6 mounth frome Feb to Juli in 1991.
I loved my stay but 20-25 celcius is a bit to cold for me. ( I dont know fahrenheit very well). Just now my husband are in Montreal, he is working for a Canadien nickelmine company, though he just visiting this time..
Be happy in Quiltland!