Wednesday, January 2, 2008

A CHANGE IN DIRECTION


Have spent a lot of time over the last week or so thinking about the direction my activities should be taking at this point in my life. Have looked through my stash and my vintage and antique quilt kits and quilt top collections and my other collections of local folk art, smalls, books, paintings etc and decided that now is a good time to start downsizing. As my quilt studio opens as soon as the snow is gone around here I plan to work on selling many of these items. If you are interested in anything like the above, drop me a line and tell me your wish list and we'll see if I can be of help. I just might have what you're looking for.
Check out the blog on my homepage at http://www.novascotiaquilts for some pictures and more details....
In another way, my life is taking a slightly different turning as I am working on opening an online, membership website for teaching quiltmaking, including developing colour sense and design skills. Looking forward to that! In the interim, I am planning on setting up a free tutorial on "Quilting with Janet" for people who would like to see how to do my "Sea Creatures" quilt. We have a few interested parties and I am asking for several more in order to make it worth my while.
The weather here has ben very conducive to staying home and getting things done as it has been snowing pretty steadily since New Year's Eve.
Hope you are all enjoying that post holiday pause.
I am thinking about a Pay it Forward giveaway and will likely announce one in a week or so.....

No comments: